It is less than 2 weeks until AFBI’s Annual Stakeholders Open Meeting which will be held on Thursday 1 June from 9.00 am to 2.30 pm at AFBI Hillsborough, Large Park, Hillsborough, BT26 6DR.
This year the meeting coincides with World Milk Day and to mark this event, we are pleased to welcome Dr Keith Agnew, Chief Executive of United Feeds Ltd and President of the Northern Ireland Grain Trade Association who will provide the keynote address ‘The Importance of Research and Innovation in Dairy Systems’.
AFBI speakers will also highlight three key areas of current research:
- Advances in grass measurement to drive productivity
- Bovine tuberculosis and the role of research to support disease management
- Importance of fish stock assessment data to inform fishing quotas.
Each presentation will be followed by reflection from a key stakeholder, highlighting how AFBI research is making a difference to the wider agri-food industry.
We look forward to welcoming you to this event which will be held at AFBI Hillsborough.
Register now via EVENTBRITE, NO LATER THAN WEDNESDAY 24th May 2017 to book your place.
For directions on how to get to AFBI Hillsborough please click here
Notes to editors:
AFBI carries out high quality technology research and development, statutory, analytical, and diagnostic testing functions for DAERA and other Government departments, public bodies and commercial companies.
AFBI's Vision is to use scientific excellence to advance the local and global agri-food sector.
All media enquiries to AFBI Press Office
- Agricultural Economics Seminar- Prof Bruce McCarl 16 August 2018
- AFBI and Barenbrug Extend Grass Variety Marketing Agreement 07 August 2018
- AFBI, Industry and DAERA collaborate to improve sire recording at birth 07 August 2018
- AFBI's first Fulbright Scholar attends 70th Anniversary Event in London 07 August 2018