It is less than 2 weeks until AFBI’s Annual Stakeholders Open Meeting which will be held on Thursday 1 June from 9.00 am to 2.30 pm at AFBI Hillsborough, Large Park, Hillsborough, BT26 6DR.
This year the meeting coincides with World Milk Day and to mark this event, we are pleased to welcome Dr Keith Agnew, Chief Executive of United Feeds Ltd and President of the Northern Ireland Grain Trade Association who will provide the keynote address ‘The Importance of Research and Innovation in Dairy Systems’.
AFBI speakers will also highlight three key areas of current research:
- Advances in grass measurement to drive productivity
- Bovine tuberculosis and the role of research to support disease management
- Importance of fish stock assessment data to inform fishing quotas.
Each presentation will be followed by reflection from a key stakeholder, highlighting how AFBI research is making a difference to the wider agri-food industry.
We look forward to welcoming you to this event which will be held at AFBI Hillsborough.
Notes to editors:
AFBI carries out high quality technology research and development, statutory, analytical, and diagnostic testing functions for DAERA and other Government departments, public bodies and commercial companies.
AFBI's Vision is to use scientific excellence to advance the local and global agri-food sector.
All media enquiries to AFBI Press Office
- Genome science reveals patterns of bTB transmission within and between cattle and badger populations in the TVR zone 31 May 2023
- “I love it and if you were here, you could see why!” Northern Ireland Farmers are telling AFBI what makes them proud about their farms 25 May 2023
- Understanding the ‘N’ game - AFBI investigate nitrogen-use-efficiency on local dairy farms 24 May 2023
- AFBI Grass Open Day - AFBI Loughgall, 21 June 2023 23 May 2023