AFBI’s Annual Stakeholder Open Meeting was held on 1 June at AFBI Hillsborough with over 100 of AFBI’s major stakeholders attending.
This year the meeting coincided with World Milk Day and to mark this event, AFBI was pleased to welcome Dr Keith Agnew, Chief Executive of United Feeds Ltd and President of the Northern Ireland Grain Trade Association who provided the keynote address ‘The Importance of Research and Innovation in Dairy Systems’.
- Advances in grass measurement to drive productivity
- Bovine tuberculosis and the role of research to support disease management
- The Importance of fish stock assessment data to inform fishing quotas.
The presentations are available from HERE:
- Chief Executives Overview - Dr Sinclair Mayne (AFBI CEO)
- Keynote address - "The Importance of Research and Innovation in Dairy Systems" - Dr Keith Agnew (Chief Executive, United Feeds Ltd and President of the NI Grain Trade Association)
- "Using GrassCheck to Drive Productivity" - Dr Debbie McConnell (AFBI)
- "GrassCheck - A Farmers Perspective" - Mr Hugh Harbinson (Dairy Farmer, Aghadowey)
- "Bovine Tuberculosis: The Challenges and Opportunities for Research to Support Disease Management" - Dr Andrew Byrne (AFBI)
- "AFBI Bovine TB Research - A Policy Perspective" - Mr Roly Harwood - (Senior Principal Veterinary Officer, DAERA Veterinary Service and Animal Health Group)
- "AFBI Fish Stock Assessment Data to Inform Fishing Quotas" - Dr Mathieu Lundy (AFBI)
- "AFBI Fish Stock Assessment Data to Support the NI Fishing Industry" - Mr Alan McCulla OBE (CEO Sea-Source/Anglo North Irish Fish Producers Organisation)
- AFBI seminar held on "The inevitability of adaptation due to climate change" 11 September 2018
- Agricultural Economics Seminar- Prof Bruce McCarl 16 August 2018
- AFBI and Barenbrug Extend Grass Variety Marketing Agreement 07 August 2018
- AFBI, Industry and DAERA collaborate to improve sire recording at birth 07 August 2018