AFBI’s Annual Stakeholder Open Meeting was held on 1 June at AFBI Hillsborough with over 100 of AFBI’s major stakeholders attending.
This year the meeting coincided with World Milk Day and to mark this event, AFBI was pleased to welcome Dr Keith Agnew, Chief Executive of United Feeds Ltd and President of the Northern Ireland Grain Trade Association who provided the keynote address ‘The Importance of Research and Innovation in Dairy Systems’.
- Advances in grass measurement to drive productivity
- Bovine tuberculosis and the role of research to support disease management
- The Importance of fish stock assessment data to inform fishing quotas.
The presentations are available from HERE:
- Chief Executives Overview - Dr Sinclair Mayne (AFBI CEO)
- Keynote address - "The Importance of Research and Innovation in Dairy Systems" - Dr Keith Agnew (Chief Executive, United Feeds Ltd and President of the NI Grain Trade Association)
- "Using GrassCheck to Drive Productivity" - Dr Debbie McConnell (AFBI)
- "GrassCheck - A Farmers Perspective" - Mr Hugh Harbinson (Dairy Farmer, Aghadowey)
- "Bovine Tuberculosis: The Challenges and Opportunities for Research to Support Disease Management" - Dr Andrew Byrne (AFBI)
- "AFBI Bovine TB Research - A Policy Perspective" - Mr Roly Harwood - (Senior Principal Veterinary Officer, DAERA Veterinary Service and Animal Health Group)
- "AFBI Fish Stock Assessment Data to Inform Fishing Quotas" - Dr Mathieu Lundy (AFBI)
- "AFBI Fish Stock Assessment Data to Support the NI Fishing Industry" - Mr Alan McCulla OBE (CEO Sea-Source/Anglo North Irish Fish Producers Organisation)
- AFBI's 'Woody plant' seminar maps the future for the local industry 16 January 2019
- AFBI unveils Ballintoy and Gosford – new ryegrasses for spring 2019 21 December 2018
- Meet the Scientist - Dr David Patterson 21 December 2018
- How does Arsenic get into our food? 21 December 2018