AFBI is holding a series of online events to engage stakeholders in a range of different sectors over the coming months. The first webinar featured air quality in Northern Ireland, and was broadcast on the 4th June.
Dr Elizabeth Magowan (Director of Sustainable Agri-Food Sciences in AFBI) says, “This webinar is the first in a number of online events which AFBI plans to broadcast in the coming months on topical issues for the future of farming in NI. Air quality is one such topic and we welcome participation from all our stakeholders and anyone with an interest in this area”.
Speakers were Dr John McIlroy and Dr Dario Fornara both from AFBI.
- Dr John McIlroy is heavily involved in AFBI’s ammonia research programme and presented some recent findings from modelling work to inform strategies to reduce the impact of ammonia emissions from livestock on NI’s sensitive habitats.
- Dr Dario Fornara is an expert in soil carbon sequestration and outlined his work on the potential contribution of grasslands and forests to remove GHG emissions towards net zero farming in NI.
This webinar was recorded and you can view it here
The next webinar in the series will be "The Future of Dairy Production to 2030" and will take place on Wednesday 18 June 2020 from 10-11am.
- POSTPONED UNTIL 1 OCTOBER: AFBI Science Outlook Webinar - The Future of Beef Production to 2030 21 July 2020
- New Beef Research to start at AFBI 10 July 2020
- AFBI flag ‘High Alert’ for oak processionary moth 08 July 2020
- AFBI Outlook Webinar – Safeguarding NI’s Natural Capital from Invasive Alien Species 07 July 2020