The Agri-Food and Biosciences Institute (AFBI) has welcomed a delegation of senior officials and scientists from the Sichuan Academy of Agricultural Sciences (SAAS) led by Professor Xiong Zhang, Vice President of SAAS.
The purpose of the visit was to build collaboration and research links between SAAS and AFBI.
Dr Steven Morrison, Head of Livestock Production Science Branch, welcomed the visitors to AFBI Hillsborough. Following a brief introduction, potential opportunities for research cooperation and the exchange of staff and postgraduate students were discussed. After the meeting delegates toured AFBI Hillsborough research facilities, where they were given insights to AFBI’s research work and facilities on nutrient management, precision dairy feeding systems and mitigation of ruminant methane emissions.
This visit of high level delegates from SAAS also included Senior Engineer Shengting Yang (Chief of Technology Industry and Asset Management Division), Professor Shaorong Lei (Director of Quality Standard and Testing Technology Institute), Professor Yun Wang (Director of Tea Research Institute), Mrs Xiaokui Lei (Chief of General Office) and Professor Tianbao Chen (Sichuan Animal Sciences Academy).
Notes to editors:
AFBI’s Vision is “Scientific excellence delivering impactful and sustainable outcomes for society, economy and the natural environment”
AFBI’s Purpose is “To deliver trusted, independent research, statutory and surveillance science and expert advice that addresses local and global challenges, informs government policy and industry decision making, and underpins a sustainable agri-food industry and the natural and marine environments”.
AFBI’s core areas:
- Leading improvements in the agri-food industry to enhance its sustainability.
- Protecting animal, plant and human health.
- Enhancing the natural and marine environment.
- New Ostertagia infection antibody test 05 December 2023
- Significant Soil Conference hosted in Belfast marking World Soil Day 04 December 2023
- Minister Harris, Secretary of State Donelan and Permanent Secretary Godfrey announce €70 million for research centres on climate and sustainable food 03 December 2023
- ADVERTISEMENT: Appointment of up to Seven External Members of Northern Ireland Farm Animal Biobank Steering Committee 21 November 2023