A series of events on beef and sheep finishing will be held in livestock markets across Northern Ireland during early September.
The events which are being jointly run by AFBI, CAFRE, AgriSearch and the LMC will cover a wide range of topics related to the finishing of beef and lamb including markets and consumer demand, animal nutrition, health planning and housing systems for beef cattle, genetics and grazing systems for lamb production as well as maximising meat quality.
The “Finishing Sheep” roadshow will be held during the first week in September with events in Swatragh Livestock Market on Tuesday 3 September and in Hilltown Livestock Market on Wednesday 4 September.
The “Finishing Beef” roadshow will be held the following week with events in Ballymena Livestock Market on Tuesday 10 September and in Markethill Livestock Market on Thursday 12 September.
All the events start at 7pm and all farmers are welcome to attend. Further information can be found on the AgriSearch website www.agrisearch.org . Please note that photographs and videos will be taken at this event for promotional and knowledge exchange purposes to include press releases, social media and websites.
Notes to editors:
AFBI carries out high quality technology research and development, statutory, analytical, and diagnostic testing functions for DAERA and other Government departments, public bodies and commercial companies.
AFBI's Vision is “Advancing the Local and Global Agri-Food Sectors Through Scientific Excellence”.
AFBI's core areas:
- Leading improvements in the agri food industry;
- Protecting animal, plant and human health;
- Enhancing the natural and marine environment.
All media enquiries to AFBI Press Office 028 9025 5326.
- Autumn and Winter Liver Fluke Forecast for Northern Ireland 2019-2020 10 October 2019
- Abortion in sheep - consider vaccination now to prevent losses 12 September 2019
- Promising early results at AFBI on the use of selective dry cow therapy 03 September 2019
- Manage the risks to ensure success in the calf shed 03 September 2019