The “Association of Veterinary Surgeons Practicing in NI” held their annual “Omagh Clinical Day” at AFBI Omagh on 10th January 2024.
Over 110 veterinary surgeons attended this popular and long-standing event with special guests Sue Patterson, Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) President and AFBI CEO Stanley McDowell. The event was sponsored by Merck Sharp Dohme (MSD UK) and the Veterinary Surgeons Supply Company (VSSCo).
The Frank Mullan Memorial Trophy for the most interesting presentation was awarded to Adam Conn for his presentation “The Doppler Effect: Not Everything is Black and White”.
A special word of thanks to AFBI Omagh staff who are to be commended for welcoming the visitors on the day and for providing refreshments.
Notes to editors:
AFBI’s Vision is “Scientific excellence delivering impactful and sustainable outcomes for society, economy and the natural environment”.
AFBI’s Purpose is “To deliver trusted, independent research, statutory and surveillance science and expert advice that addresses local and global challenges, informs government policy and industry decision making, and underpins a sustainable agri-food industry and the natural and marine environments”.
AFBI’s core areas:
- Leading improvements in the agri-food industry to enhance its sustainability.
- Protecting animal, plant and human health.
- Enhancing the natural and marine environment.
All enquires to AFBI.Pressemail@example.com
- International Day of Women & Girls in Science 12 February 2024
- AFBI plan ‘The Way Ahead’ 07 February 2024
- Major research investment into national land use transformation 06 February 2024
- Practical solutions for environmentally friendly pig production – reducing nitrogen excretion by reducing dietary crude protein. 05 February 2024