Professor Nicolae Corcionivoschi of the Agri-Food and Biosciences Institute (AFBI) has won a prestigious 2018 Belfast Ambassador Award.
Led by Visit Belfast, the Belfast Ambassador Awards recognise the efforts of Belfast’s academic, medical and business leaders who have helped secure major conference and event wins for the city.
Professor Corcionivoschi, Head of Food Microbiology at AFBI, was presented with his award during an event at the International Conference Centre (ICC) Belfast on October 25 in recognition of his successful application to host the 20th International Workshop on Campylobacter, Helicobacter and related organisms (CHRO) in Northern Ireland in 2019.
CHRO, which takes place every two years, is the foremost international conference on Campylobacter, Helicobacter and related organisms and typically attracts over 500 participants from across the world. Delegates include professors and researchers from universities, government and policy officials, industry representatives, public health epidemiologists, postdoctoral fellows, graduate students, veterinarians, and physicians.
Professor Corcionivoschi said he is very proud to be recognised by Visit Belfast and the local community:
“I am very pleased to have won this award on behalf of AFBI and to be recognised by Visit Belfast and the local community, especially at a ceremony where a broad section of the scientific and business communities of Northern Ireland were represented.”
“Over the past ten years I have attended the CHRO meetings and they have had a huge impact on my career.”
“All of this would have not been possible without strong international collaborations and attracting CHRO to Belfast will allow us to showcase our expertise and further place AFBI as a thought leader in the hugely important area.”
“Organising such an important event requires a significant time investment and the help provided by Visit Belfast for the last year has been tremendously valuable.”
Notes to editors:
- AFBI carries out high quality technology research and development, statutory, analytical, and diagnostic testing functions for DAERA and other Government departments, public bodies and commercial companies.
- AFBI's Vision “Advancing the Local and Global Agri-Food Sectors Through Scientific Excellence”.
- CHRO is an international conference that takes place every two years and attracts over 500 participants from all across the world and is the foremost event for Campylobacter, Helicobacter and related organisms. Delegates include professors and researchers from universities, government and policy officials, industry representatives, public health epidemiologists, postdoctoral fellows, graduate students, veterinarians, and physicians.
- CHRO2019 is being held in Belfast and runs from Monday 9th September to Wednesday 11th September 2019. http://chro2019.com/
- Abortion in sheep - consider vaccination now to prevent losses 12 September 2019
- Promising early results at AFBI on the use of selective dry cow therapy 03 September 2019
- Manage the risks to ensure success in the calf shed 03 September 2019
- "Lamb Finishing” Events in Swatragh and Hilltown Marts 28 August 2019