CHeCS principal objectives are to:
- Promote improvements in cattle health and welfare.
- Provide standards and certification for Cattle Health Schemes.
- Develop and maintain links with cattle farmers, breed societies, veterinary practitioners, laboratories, Government agencies and animal welfare organisations to promote the above objectives.
- The CHeCS Technical Document sets out the rules that licensed Cattle Health Schemes and their member herds must follow to retain CHeCS approval and to demonstrate compliance with the standards, which have been agreed and found to be acceptable to the cattle industry.
- The AFBI Cattle Health Scheme is approved by CHeCS