Main research objectives
- Determine the baseline performance of on-farm digestion utilising, in the first instance, dairy cow slurry.
- Research methods for enhancing digester performance.
- Research post digestion treatments of digestate.
- Research methods for efficient use of energy produced.
- Determine the contribution of AD to plant nutrient management.
- Determine lifecycle benefits of AD.
- Research objective 1 has been completed: Performance summaries for anaerobic digestion of dairy cow slurry
- Research on objective 2 is currently on-going: Performance summaries for anaerobic digestion of dairy cow slurry co-digested with grass silage
- Research objectives 3, 4, 5 and 6 are currently progressing under DAERA funded research projects.
For more information contact: Anaerobic digestion group