The Institute takes data protection, freedom of information and environmental information issues seriously. It takes care to ensure that any personal information supplied to it is dealt with in a way which complies with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998.
This means that any personal information you supply will be processed principally for the purpose for which it has been provided. However, the Institute is under a duty to protect the public funds it administers, and to this end may use the information you have provided for this purpose. It may also share this information with other bodies responsible for the audit or administration of public funds, in order to prevent and detect fraud.
In addition, the Institute may also use this information for other legitimate purposes in line with the Data Protection Act 1998, Freedom of Information Act 2000 and Environmental Information Regulations 2004 and such other relevant legislation which may from time to time apply.
- administration of the Common Agricultural Policy and other aid schemes
- the production and safety of food
- management of land and other environmental controls
- animal health and welfare
- occupational health and welfare
- compilation of statistics
- disclosure to other organisations when required to do so, e.g. Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA)
- disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 or the Environmental Information Regulations 2004 where such disclosure is in the public interest