The Agri-Food and Biosciences Institute (AFBI) has launched a survey, in collaboration with the Northern Ireland Environmental Agency (NIEA), on how NIEA’s Country Parks are used and how the use of the parks by the public has changed during Covid-19.
AFBI are asking all visitors to the Parks to participate in the survey to explore and better understand the public’s attitudes, preferences and motivations with regard to the use of the facilities and the natural environment within these iconic parks.
The NIEA Country Parks are:
- Castle Archdale Country Park
- Crawfordsburn Country Park
- Ness Country Park
- Peatlands Park
- Redburn Country Park
- Roe Valley Country Park
- Scrabo Country Park
We are also looking for the opinions of visitors to the Quoile Countryside Centre. If you visit any of these parks we want to know your thoughts so please complete the survey
Moreover, the results will serve to inform a larger study on the wider use of recreation sites in Northern Ireland that will launch in the near future.
All visitors to NIEA’s country parks listed above are eligible to participate in this survey – with the opportunity to win one of two Charge 4se Fitbits in a monthly draw.
If you have made an additional trip since completing the survey, please tell us about this trip.
The next draw will take place on 22 April 2021.
Notes to editors:
AFBI is an arms-length body of DAERA delivering research and development, diagnostic and analytical testing, emergency response capability and expert scientific advice for DAERA and other government departments, public bodies and commercial companies in Northern Ireland, and further afield.
AFBI’s Vision is “Advancing the Local and Global Agri-Food Sectors Through Scientific Excellence”.
AFBI’s core areas:
- Leading improvements in the agri-food industry;
- Protecting animal, plant and human health;
- Enhancing the natural and marine environment.
- With 1.6m unknown virus species circulating, scientists warn preparation is key to plan for future outbreaks 14 April 2021
- Are the Regulations on Slurry Application Helping to Improve Water Quality? 13 April 2021
- AFBI issues Nematodirus Warning – Spring 2021 08 April 2021
- Videos of the Science Outlook Conference now available 24 March 2021