The Agri-Food and Biosciences Institute (AFBI) has launched a survey, in collaboration with the Northern Ireland Environmental Agency (NIEA), on how NIEA’s Country Parks are used and how the use of the parks by the public has changed during Covid-19.
AFBI are asking all visitors to the Parks to participate in the survey to explore and better understand the public’s attitudes, preferences and motivations with regard to the use of the facilities and the natural environment within these iconic parks.
The NIEA Country Parks are:
- Castle Archdale Country Park
- Crawfordsburn Country Park
- Ness Country Park
- Peatlands Park
- Redburn Country Park
- Roe Valley Country Park
- Scrabo Country Park
We are also looking for the opinions of visitors to the Quoile Countryside Centre. If you visit any of these parks we want to know your thoughts so please complete the survey
All participants in the survey will be entered into a monthly draw for a Fitbit. The latest winners were:
- Alan McCreanor from Derry/Londonderry who visited Ness Country Park
Moreover, the results will serve to inform a larger study on the wider use of recreation sites in Northern Ireland that will launch in the near future.
If you have made an additional trip since completing the survey, please tell us about this trip.
Notes to editors:
AFBI is an arms-length body of DAERA delivering research and development, diagnostic and analytical testing, emergency response capability and expert scientific advice for DAERA and other government departments, public bodies and commercial companies in Northern Ireland, and further afield.
AFBI’s Vision is “Advancing the Local and Global Agri-Food Sectors Through Scientific Excellence”.
AFBI’s core areas:
- Leading improvements in the agri-food industry;
- Protecting animal, plant and human health;
- Enhancing the natural and marine environment.
- AFBI research shows breeding ewe lambs can increase lifetime performance 24 June 2021
- Soil and nutrient management for optimal forage production on beef farms 22 June 2021
- QUB and AFBI begin research into plastic pollution in the Irish Sea 22 June 2021
- 18 June 2021