The Agri-Food and Biosciences Institute (AFBI) has launched a survey, in collaboration with the Northern Ireland Environmental Agency (NIEA), on how NIEA’s Country Parks are used and how the use of the parks by the public has changed during Covid-19.
AFBI are asking all visitors to the Parks to participate in the survey to explore and better understand the public’s attitudes, preferences and motivations with regard to the use of the facilities and the natural environment within these iconic parks.
The NIEA Country Parks are:
- Castle Archdale Country Park
- Crawfordsburn Country Park
- Ness Country Park
- Peatlands Park
- Redburn Country Park
- Roe Valley Country Park
- Scrabo Country Park
We are also looking for the opinions of visitors to the Quoile Countryside Centre. If you visit any of these parks we want to know your thoughts so please complete the survey
Moreover, the results will serve to inform a larger study on the wider use of recreation sites in Northern Ireland that will launch in the near future.
All visitors to NIEA’s country parks listed above are eligible to participate in this survey – with the opportunity to win one of two Charge 4se Fitbits in a monthly draw.
The first draw took place on the 22 of January 2021 and the winners were:
- Eiméar Rose Cunningham from Dromore who visited Crawfordsburn Country Park
- Pia Schuchert from Hollywood who visited Crawfordsburn Country Park
If you have made an additional trip since completing the survey, please tell us about this trip.
The next draw will take place on 22 February 2021.
Notes to editors:
AFBI is an arms-length body of DAERA delivering research and development, diagnostic and analytical testing, emergency response capability and expert scientific advice for DAERA and other government departments, public bodies and commercial companies in Northern Ireland, and further afield.
AFBI’s Vision is “Advancing the Local and Global Agri-Food Sectors Through Scientific Excellence”.
AFBI’s core areas:
- Leading improvements in the agri-food industry;
- Protecting animal, plant and human health;
- Enhancing the natural and marine environment.
- The cost of tackling ammonia emissions - Third article in a series of seven being released by AFBI to address Ammonia Emissions in NI 18 February 2021
- Reducing ammonia emissions across Northern Ireland - Second article in a series of seven being released by AFBI to address Ammonia Emissions in NI 12 February 2021
- 10 February 2021
- Carlingford Catchment Conversations – Online Workshops and Photo Competition 10 February 2021