Dr Elizabeth Magowan (Director of Sustainable Agri-Food Sciences in AFBI) says, "This is the second in a series of webinars which AFBI have planned in this new world of digitalisation. As an organisation with a strong commitment to delivering research to advance the agri-food industry in Northern Ireland and beyond, AFBI is constantly looking to the future.
This seminar therefore will highlight the vision of AFBI’s leading research scientists in Dairy production with regard to key challenges and opportunities for the NI dairy industry. All our stakeholders are very welcome to participate in this webinar as well as anyone with an interest in the topic.”
Speakers will be Dr Conrad Ferris and Dr Debbie McConnell both from AFBI.
- Dr Conrad Ferris will outline a number of key challenges that the dairy sector will face over the next decade, including milk composition, silage quality and the environment, and highlight opportunities to address some of these issues.
- Dr Debbie McConnell will focus on key trends with regards to grass production in NI and farmers attitudes with regard to the importance of grass. Debbie will also discuss the potential impact of climate change on grass growth in the future and its contribution to Northern Ireland’s dairy industry.
The webinar will be broadcast using WebEx and a Q & A session will follow each presentation.
- AFBI ask you to watch out for ‘Ash Sawfly’ 15 June 2021
- AFBI Stakeholder Newsletter - News and Views - Spring 2021 10 June 2021
- BVDV remains a threat in Northern Ireland 09 June 2021
- Can ‘machine learning’ help predict dairy cow intakes? 03 June 2021