The Agri-Food and Biosciences Institute has reviewed its Disability Action Plan 2017–2021 and a final version of the Action plan is now available.
Under section 49B of the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 (DDA), public authorities are required to submit disability action plans to the Equality Commission showing how they propose to fulfil the disability duties in relation to their functions.
The Disability Discrimination Act 1995 (as amended by the Disability Discrimination) (Northern Ireland) (Order 2006) requires public authorities, when carrying out their functions, to have due regard to the need to:
- promote positive attitudes towards disabled people
- encourage participation by disabled people in public life
- DAERA Minister pays visit to AFBI Hillsborough site 14 February 2020
- AFBI research examines supplementation strategies for high quality grass silage 21 January 2020
- INNOVAR KICKS OFF! Next-generation variety testing for improved cropping on European farmland 09 January 2020
- Go north, and swim fast - New evidence of migration of young salmon leaving Ireland 20 December 2019