The Agri-Food and Biosciences Institute has reviewed its Disability Action Plan 2017–2021 and a final version of the Action plan is now available.
Under section 49B of the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 (DDA), public authorities are required to submit disability action plans to the Equality Commission showing how they propose to fulfil the disability duties in relation to their functions.
The Disability Discrimination Act 1995 (as amended by the Disability Discrimination) (Northern Ireland) (Order 2006) requires public authorities, when carrying out their functions, to have due regard to the need to:
- promote positive attitudes towards disabled people
- encourage participation by disabled people in public life
- Agricultural Economics Seminar- Prof Bruce McCarl 16 August 2018
- AFBI and Barenbrug Extend Grass Variety Marketing Agreement 07 August 2018
- AFBI, Industry and DAERA collaborate to improve sire recording at birth 07 August 2018
- AFBI's first Fulbright Scholar attends 70th Anniversary Event in London 07 August 2018