The Agri-Food and Biosciences Institute has reviewed its Disability Action Plan 2017–2021 and a final version of the Action plan is now available.
Under section 49B of the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 (DDA), public authorities are required to submit disability action plans to the Equality Commission showing how they propose to fulfil the disability duties in relation to their functions.
The Disability Discrimination Act 1995 (as amended by the Disability Discrimination) (Northern Ireland) (Order 2006) requires public authorities, when carrying out their functions, to have due regard to the need to:
- promote positive attitudes towards disabled people
- encourage participation by disabled people in public life
- Abortion in sheep - consider vaccination now to prevent losses 12 September 2019
- Promising early results at AFBI on the use of selective dry cow therapy 03 September 2019
- Manage the risks to ensure success in the calf shed 03 September 2019
- "Lamb Finishing” Events in Swatragh and Hilltown Marts 28 August 2019