General Equilibrium model examines the complex linkages between the various agri-food sectors and the wider economy and the knock-on effects of policy and market developments using agri-food systems analysis.
Applications of these models include:
- Mapping the regional economic system and linkages
- Contributions of agri-food/ rural sectors to regional economy
- Estimation of income and employment multipliers
- Improving economic outcomes rural development by strengthening the links between evidence, strategy and funding management
- Contribution of rural areas to the Northern Ireland Economy
- Linkages of the Agri-food sectors to the wider economy and environment