- Governance and Performance Branch (incorporating the Secretariat and Coordination Unit);
- Research Support Office;
- Corporate Communications (including Press Office);
- Information Systems Branch;
- Health and Safety Branch;
- Estates Management and Development Branch
- Finance Branch; and
- Human Resources Branch.
AFBI has a Management Statement and Financial Memorandum with DAERA that describes the governance arrangements under which it operates. These take account of The Agriculture (Northern Ireland) Order 2004 as well as Managing Public Money Northern Ireland.
A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) is in place setting out the governance arrangements for the delivery of the Assigned Work Programme for DAERA. DAERA commissions bi-annual reviews of the implementation and operation of the MoU during the year.