- 1 June 2017: AFBI Stakeholders Open Meeting - The Annual AFBI Stakeholders Open Meeting will be held on 1st June at AFBI Hillsborough from 9.00am - 2.30pm which this year will coincide with World Milk Day. To mark this event Dr Keith Agnew, Chief Executive of United Feeds Ltd and President of the Northern Ireland Grain Trade Association will provide the keynote address 'The Importance of Research and Innovation in Dairy Systems'. This will be followed by AFBI speakers who will highlight key areas of current research. For a full programme and to register please see HERE.
- 7 June 2017: Postgraduate Day - This year's postgraduate day will take place on the 7th of June In Large Park Hillsborough. The theme for this year is Knowledge Transfer, with Donal Griffiths from Queens University will be doing an elevator pitch workshop. Please REGISTER HERE.
- 20 June 2017: More from Grass - Loughgall Open Day - held at AFBI Plant Breeding Farmyard, Ballygasey Road, Loughgall, Armagh, BT61 8HZ. The event will consist of a number of Field Visits.
- 4-8 September 2017: The 18th International Conference on Diseases of Fish and Shellfish is organised by The European Association of Fish Pathologists at Belfast Waterfront on 4th to 8th of September 2017. Agri-Food and Biosciences Institute is the main sponsor and co-organiser of the event. For more details click here.
- 4 May 2017: HFIS Open Day Hillsborough Feeding Information Service are holding an open day on the 4th of May in Large Park Hillsborough from 10.00am to 12.00.
- 16-21 July 2017: AFBI will be attending the 36th International Society for Animal Genetics Conference in University College Dublin.
- 4-6 Sept 2017: AFBI will be attending the Ramiran 17th international Conference in Wexford.
- 29-3 Nov 2017: AFBI will be attending World Dairy Conference in Belfast in the Waterfront.
These events are broken up by sector and can be seen at the links below.
- 28 March 2017: AFBI Science Outlook Conference – AFBI held a conference on the 28th March at the Dunadry Hotel Co. Antrim entitled "AFBI Science - Shaping Livestock Farming for 2030”.
- 28 February 2017: CIEL Feed and Forage Seminar – A CIEL (Centre for Innovation and Excellence in Livestock) seminar was held at AFBI Hillsborough on Tuesday 28th February. AFBI is a founding member of CIEL.
- 25 February 2017: Open Day at AFBI Hillsborough – As part of the NI Science Festival, AFBI threw open its doors to the public to show them the work of our agricultural scientists on our working research farm in Hillsborough, County Down on Saturday 25th February. SOLD OUT!
- 16-18 February 2017: NI Science Festival Roadshows – AFBI featured in the Science Festival Roadshows touring Northern Ireland, bringing interactive science displays to Dungannon, Enniskillen, Newry and Coleraine.