Jump to navigation
- 10-12 Oct 2017: AFBI will be attending the Institute of Fisheries Management Conference in the Waterfront Hall, Belfast.
- 29-3 Nov 2017: AFBI will be attending World Dairy Conference in Belfast in the Waterfront.
- 7 Dec 2017: AFBI will be attending the RUAS Winter Fair at Balmoral Park, Maze, Lisburn.
- 12, 13, and 14 Sept 2017: Dairy Farm Walks. AFBI hosted a series of three farm walks from 12-14 September in Banbridge (Co Down), Enniskillen (Co Fermanagh) and Newtownstewart (Co Tyrone) which were attended by almost 500 people. At these events, AFBI's dairy scientists addressed key issues within dairy production and presented their latest research findings across a broad spectrum of management challenges currently facing the local dairy industry. A booklet from the event can be VIEWED HERE and videos from each day can be VIEWED HERE
- 4-8 September 2017: The 18th International Conference on Diseases of Fish and Shellfish organised by The European Association of Fish Pathologists was held at Belfast Waterfront from 4th to 8th of September 2017. AFBI was a supporting organisation and co-organiser of the event.
- 4-6 Sept 2017: AFBI attended the Ramiran 17th International Conference in Wexford from 4th-6th September.
- 16-21 July 2017: AFBI attended the 36th International Society for Animal Genetics Conference in University College Dublin.
- 20 June 2017: More from Grass - Loughgall Open Day was held at AFBI Plant Breeding Farmyard, Ballygasey Road, Loughgall, Armagh, BT61 8HZ. The event was attended by over 600 grassland farmers and industry specialists and included a number of field visits. More info.
- 7 June 2017: Postgraduate Day - This year's postgraduate day was held on the 7th of June In Large Park Hillsborough. The theme for this year was Knowledge Transfer, with Donal Griffiths from Queens University giving an elevator pitch workshop. More info.
- 1 June 2017: AFBI Stakeholders Open Meeting - The Annual AFBI Stakeholders Open Meeting was held on 1st June at AFBI Hillsborough from 9.00am - 2.30pm which this year coincided with World Milk Day. To mark this event Dr Keith Agnew, Chief Executive of United Feeds Ltd and President of the Northern Ireland Grain Trade Association provided the keynote address 'The Importance of Research and Innovation in Dairy Systems'. This was be followed by AFBI speakers who will highlight key areas of current research. Presentations can be seen here
- 10-13 May: Balmoral Show - AFBI promoted the Cattle Health Scheme and BVD Eradication, Hillsborough Feeding Information System. The "More from Grass" event at AFBI Loughgall (see above) was also highlighted. At a second location, our Fisheries and Aquatic Ecosystems Branch presented the work they do in support of the NI fishing industry in both inland and marine fisheries.
- 4 May 2017: HFIS Open Day Hillsborough Feeding Information Service was held on the 4th of May in AFBI Hillsborough, Large Park Hillsborough.
- 28 March 2017: AFBI Science Outlook Conference – AFBI held a conference on the 28th March at the Dunadry Hotel Co. Antrim entitled "AFBI Science - Shaping Livestock Farming for 2030”. The presentations and videos can be seen here.
- 28 February 2017: CIEL Feed and Forage Seminar – A CIEL (Centre for Innovation and Excellence in Livestock) seminar was held at AFBI Hillsborough on Tuesday 28th February. AFBI is a founding member of CIEL.
- 25 February 2017: Open Day at AFBI Hillsborough – As part of the NI Science Festival, AFBI threw open its doors to the public to show them the work of our agricultural scientists on our working research farm in Hillsborough, County Down on Saturday 25th February. SOLD OUT!
- 16-18 February 2017: NI Science Festival Roadshows – AFBI featured in the Science Festival Roadshows touring Northern Ireland, bringing interactive science displays to Dungannon, Enniskillen, Newry and Coleraine.