- 29 Nov 2017: AFBI Lunchtime Lecture: "Agroforestry - from Research to Policy to Practice" by Professor Jim McAdam will be held at 1.30pm in Room G5, AFBI Headquarters, 18a Newforge Lane, Malone Upper, Belfast, BT9 5PX. To register and for for details see HERE.
- 29 Nov 2017: Efficient Lamb Production Conference will be held at Greenmount College.
- 14 Dec 2017: AFBI will be attending the RUAS Winter Fair at Balmoral Park, Maze, Lisburn.
- 17 Nov 2017: The George Scott Robertson Memorial Lecture was held in the Riddel Hall, Belfast and was presented by Lord Donald Curry. The lecture was jointly organised by AFBI, QUB, DAERA and UFU and was entitled "Farming and Food - A Sustainable Future".
- 16 Nov 2017: The COMPASS Project led and coordinated by researchers from AFBI was formally launched in Ballycastle.
- 15 Nov 2017: A Farmer and Vet Event was held to celebrate the AFBI Cattle Health Scheme 10th Anniversary.
- 6 Nov 2017: Young Vet Network Meeting was held in AFBI Veterinary Sciences Division, Library.
- 29 Oct - 3 Nov 2017: AFBI attended the World Dairy Conference which was held in the Waterfront Hall in Belfast.
- 10-12 Oct 2017: AFBI attending the Institute of Fisheries Management Conference in the Waterfront Hall, Belfast.
- 6 Oct 2017: AVTRW ( Association for Veterinary Teaching and Research Work) Meeting was held at AFBI Hillsborough
- 1 Oct 2017: Day and Night at the Museum AFBI Aquatics eels display and scientist on hand to talk to the public.
- 12, 13, and 14 Sept 2017: Dairy Farm Walks. AFBI hosted a series of three farm walks from 12-14 September in Banbridge (Co Down), Enniskillen (Co Fermanagh) and Newtownstewart (Co Tyrone) which were attended by almost 500 people. At these events, AFBI's dairy scientists addressed key issues within dairy production and presented their latest research findings across a broad spectrum of management challenges currently facing the local dairy industry. A booklet from the event can be VIEWED HERE and videos from each day can be VIEWED HERE