The AFBI Cattle Health Scheme is operated by the Veterinary Sciences
Division (VSD) of AFBI.
Some reasons to choose the Cattle Health Scheme:
- VSD has provided diagnostic services to farmers in Northern Ireland and
beyond for over 30 years and has established a close working relationship between VSD staff, private
veterinary practitioners and the farming community.
- VSD veterinary staff have recognised expertise in the diagnosis and control of the diseases
covered by the scheme.
- Testing is conducted to the highest standards, being monitored by external quality assurance
schemes and/or performed to accredited standards (ISO 17025, ISO 9001, Good Laboratory Practice).
- The scheme is conducted according to the Cattle Health Certification Standards (CHeCS)
What is CHeCs?
- Scheme membership will provide access to rapid, cost-effective results, backed by expert
advice, helping you to improve cattle health and profitability.
- Benefits will include:
- Improved disease control
- Improved profitability
- Protection against accidental introduction of other diseases
- Certification of cattle health status