AFBI recognises that an essential component of all its activities is the health, safety and welfare of all its employees, visitors, contractors, members of the public, also the environment.
AFBI is therefore committed to:
- Establishing health, safety and welfare as a core management objective of equal priority with other business objectives.
- A high standard of leadership in health and safety through management’s example.
- Identifying hazards, assessing risks, and managing those risks.
- Ensuring AFBI’s activities, premises and equipment meet current legal requirements, standards and best practice and that they are maintained.
- Making adequate resources available for health and safety.
- Establishing safe working procedures and ensuring competency of all staff and contractors so that their work will be completed safely with minimal risk to themselves or others.
- Provision of information, instruction and training to employees so that they understand the hazards, control measures and risks of their work and can work safely.
- Appointment of staff to supervise/ manage key safety tasks.
- Employing competent Health and Safety Advisers to give guidance and assistance on health and safety matters.
- Aiming to eliminate all preventable illnesses, injuries and business losses due to unplanned events in workplaces managed by AFBI.
- Continuous improvement of health and safety performance to fulfill AFBI’s obligations as a responsible employer and service provider.
For further information on Health & Safety in AFBI please contact AFBI’s Health & Safety Manager, Mr Gary Bolton:
Mr Gary Bolton
Health & Safety Manager
Belfast BT4 3SD